Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Good news.....we hope

Dan finally got an email back from the insurance broker and this really is a covered benefit.  Apparently, the BCBS files were incorrectly written and we have this benefit for Morbid Obesity.  I am so excited but guarded at the same time.  I feel like this is great news and the most positive thing anyone has reported back to us but at the same time we have a long way to go.  I do not know what hoops we will have to jump through before we can actually consider scheduling a date.  We both have already canceled our consultation visits because we originally were not covered.  So we are starting back with scheduling those appts again.  Dan does already have his sleep study test scheduled…..but I am a different story.  I will need to get an appt with my primary doctor to get all that scheduled.  I am sure she will write me a letter of recommendation….we already have spoke about the idea of WLS…..but I also just had my open heart surgery in June.  I do not know if there is a waiting period as far as insurance goes.  I already ran it by my cardiologist and she said I am now in better shape for something like this than I was prior to my surgery.  I also already asked the surgeon at Blue Point (we may go with them) about having this surgery after my heart surgery and he took a few minutes with me after the WLS seminar and explained that nothing with this surgery will effect the healing of my heart surgery.  I kinda feel like Dan will go first and maybe I can do mine a few months later…..but we will see…..but just getting the news that it is covered is making me smile today  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment